Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The Perfect Organizational Tool, Plus a Tutorial to make it more Attractive

Today we have a special treat for you! Tracee Dock recently emailed me (Jen Cameron) about a cool revolving organizational bin she found, then decorated. I asked her if she would be willing to share it with our AJE readers. As you can see, she agreed to. Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------

Last week I met with local Kansas City area bead artists and designers, Tanya Goodwin and Sharyl MacMillian Nelson for brunch to share creations. Then we were off to a crafty girl's favorite place to shop: Harbor Freight and Tool!  I did not get out of there without a couple of purchases AND amongst them a new organizational item to share.  Sharyl kindly lent me her 25% off coupon for this nifty organizational spinner.  

Here's a picture of the spinning organizer in the box.  $19.99 before the coupon.



Here's the pieces and parts!  



To line the trays, I took some 12" scrap book paper...paper clipped four pieces together and traced the bottom of one of the trays and cut just inside the lines for a perfect fit! 






I have to admit I was temped to spray paint it, but there were a lot of black shiny pieces to prep and since I had the paper and it was going in my basement to hold clay cutters I resisted and besides....I was really excited to put it together.  I like projects like this!

Next the assembly and yes there were over 70 little nuts and bolts to fasten on the dividers, but it went fast once I got the rhythm and it was a great day to sit on the screen porch with a project.



So here's the finished project!  



I really can't believe I waited so long to come up with something this good to organize tools I use ALL the time.  It holds all my cutters...divided by shape with a couple of sections left to spare.



I can't help but think I'd like to have another one for my studio upstairs.  There are certainly lots of things up there that could use homes too, and I might just pick up a can of turquoise spray paint for the next one. I've also got some more great papers I'd love to use for another!




Find me on Etsy:



Ceramic Bead Artist

Tracee Dock /  The Classic Bead


---------------------------------------------


If you have something you think our audience would enjoy reading, please email me at jennifer.glassaddictions@gmail.com. 


5 comments :

  1. I love the personalization of it! Pretty organization is so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it looks so useful and pretty.Wonder if i can get something like this in the UK?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea, Traci! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the tip and the tutorial. This would have the dual benefit of being great storage and using some of the voluminous amount of fancy paper I have. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This would be amazing for my lampwork tools. I think Harbor freight may sell out.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.