Monday, May 30, 2016

Challenge Update

It is now 6 months into my personal challenge to NOT purchase any seed beads or two hole beads for weaving.  I have been like most of you and impulse purchased too many to count and needed to no longer rely on using the easy way to complete projects, you know just buy more beads.

I first started with this bracelet that I had been meaning to complete but I had misplaced the size 11 beads I was using. I did not get a picture of the unfinished part.

So I went hunting through my boxes, including the ones I throw the tubes I had already used and the UFO's.


That was the best thing I could have done because I not only found the beads I needed I also found some others to help me extend a necklace that I had made a bit to short.

I am so happy I am able to wear this now.  And of course you all know I am all about having matching sets so I made this fun little bracelet with the left over beads and a few additions.

And now we go back to the original bracelet I started with and you know it needed a necklace to match.  I was so inspired at that point I was able to hunt through my extensive Jenny Davies-Reazor stash.

Yes I do have an addiction but I will never stop wanting all of her beads. I found exactly what I wanted and this happened.

I am so pleased that I have challenged myself in this way.  It can be frustrating but it is so worth it in the end.  Have you met any of your challenges so far this year?

3 comments :

  1. everything you made is wonderful.
    My challenge is not to buy any beads or tools this year.
    It is very hard but I hope I can make it happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your challenge has produced several really lovely pieces. Good job.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you have to say, please leave a comment.